TheRole: S&P Global Ratings 2020 CREDit Summer Internship Programme is a 10 week summer training programme commencing in June/July 2020.
The Location: Frankfurt, Madrid, London, Paris & Stockholm
The Team/The Business:When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Business Practice Groups include: Corporates, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Structured Finance, Sovereign and International Public Finance, and Infrastructure.
The Impact:You are responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients. You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organizations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions. You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of securitization issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
What’s in it for you:You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality risk evaluations and analytical information to the world’s financial markets.
Summer interns will work with junior and senior analysts within S&P Global and senior management of issuing entities through the ratings process (including ratings committees and management meetings).
You will also complete a group mock ratings committee project for the duration of the summer program. Interns will be provided with an unrated company or entity and will be responsible for all due diligence and research, in order to develop a suggested credit rating for the assigned entity. Interns will present their final recommendation at the end of the internship to a Ratings Committee, comprised of senior business leaders.
- Learn and understand ratings criteria and methodology
- Assist with preparing required documents for rating committee and issuer management meetings
- Work with assigned summer intern project teams to successfully complete and present during mock ratings committee
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentations and modelling
- Support the team on improvement in execution and ad-hoc writing projects
What we’re looking for:
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 2.1 in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of study ONLY
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research
- Fluent command of English Language is essential and a 2nd European language is desirable
About S&P Global Ratings:
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.