Technical Research Principal - Editor
Geneva - Chemin de la MairieIHS Markit is looking for a Technical Research Editor to join its Europe Regional Team working in Upstream Intelligence, based in our Geneva office. Responsibilities include the research and interpretation of European upstream oil and gas information with the primary responsibility of creating the Global Exploration and Production Service (GEPS) reports for a number of European countries. The Editor will become a subject matter expert in their countries, initiating, planning and attending regular in-country meetings with oil companies and government agencies and giving presentations at these meetings as necessary, in addition to presenting at industry events / conferences. Whilst independence is key, the role also interacts very closely with other colleagues in the team and the Editor also takes overall responsibility for the content and quality of the upstream oil and gas database product (EDIN) for his/her countries and contributes to the Vantage product. The overall aim is to improve data quality, coverage and timeliness through the effective use of all available resources and improvements in workflow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing GEPS reports according to our technical writing standards and deadlines.
- Developing a comprehensive external professional network of industry contacts and country correspondents and an internal network, working closely with the sales and support teams.
- Presenting to customers and at key industry events face-to-face, and also through webinars and subject matter expert videos.
- Regular European travel for the purpose of meeting with oil and gas companies and government agencies to gain non-public information and to increase understanding and information flow from the area.
- Publishing papers in third-party industry journals.
- Collaborating with other groups in the IHS Markit Energy and Natural Resources team.
- Initiating data acquisition projects to improve our country coverage, finding sources for this data and following through to acquisition.
- Research, analysis and QC of publicly available upstream oil and gas information.
- Ensuring that data for the region is consistent between all three of the team’s products through close collaboration with other team colleagues.
- Masters degree in Geoscience, preferably Petroleum Geology.
- Extensive understanding of the Petroleum Industry, gained through working in an upstream geology/geoscience related position with an oil and gas company or a service company.
- Confident, personable and engaging communicator with people at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English, with other European languages an advantage.
- Comprehensive research and analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines, whilst maintaining quality and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and prioritising ability, and working in a pro-active, dynamic and efficient manner with a can-do attitude.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.