Nashville - 8th Ave South
IHS Markit is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering high-value, high-impact solutions to the world’s most demanding, high-profile clients. You’ll play a key role in building and maintaining C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
What you’ll work on:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Providing support for our application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Work with Product Owner to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Assisting the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Certified Development Program
- 1+ years of application development experience one or many of:
- C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net Core
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL
- Windows/Linux environment
- REST API
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment, and can work independently
- Experience with automated testing platforms, unit tests
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns
- Understanding of Dependency Injection
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Experience in creating and updating Nuget packages
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, TFS, Artifactory, Docker, Splunk
- Experience with cloud-based technologies as provided by AWS
- Experience in Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, Unity, SimpleInjector
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.