Research Analyst, Automotive
Gdansk - ul. Marynarki Polskiej 163 | Munich-Friedenheimer Brucke 29 | Frankfurt, Friedrich - Tower 185 | Essen - Theodor-Althoff-Str
As an Analyst, you will be:
- Coordinating of future forecast intelligence gathering across the different planning solutions divisions
- Participating at monthly forecast lock-up meetings; liaising conflicting forecast assumptions with the respective parties in a constructive matter
- Using specialized knowledge of the automotive market in order to provide strategic assessments of the longer-term OEM portfolio developments
- Understanding and applying IHS Markit Automotive forecast methodologies; effectively utilize IHS Markit’s proprietary tools and data sources to form sound forecast conclusions
- Providing commentary with analysis and rationale supporting vehicle forecasts
- Ensuring that all services for which responsibility is held are produced and maintained at the highest quality levels and consistently delivered on a timely basis
- Presenting to Client Briefings, Executive Briefings and similar gatherings the latest intelligence to aid clients in key decision-making
- Supporting the sales and marketing efforts of the organization
As an Analyst, you will be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Interest in automotive industry
- Fluency in English written and spoken, preferably at a business level. Second language will be advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office to include expertise in Excel and well-practiced in PowerPoint.
- Strong data manipulation skills.
You will also need qualifications and skills of:
- Ability to prioritize, solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess and interpret information.
- Organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and to effectively prioritize under pressure towards tight deadlines.
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.