EMEA Graduate Program - Sales (Sep 2019, Amsterdam based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
The purpose of the 2 Year Sales Graduate Track is to accelerate the development of diverse, early in career professionals into impactful & successful future leaders of Palo Alto Networks. There will be dedicated learning opportunities to cover topics such as Sales Acumen, Cybersecurity Industry Knowledge, Palo Alto Networks Products Knowledge, Leadership Skills, and Internal Tools & Processes. We will have a structured and collaborative mentorship assignment to ensure positive experiences throughout the program. We will also provide rotational opportunities with other departments within Palo Alto Networks to help to grow your network and to acquire additional hands-on experiences. Our goal is to provide a memorable, impactful, and diverse development program for our graduates to secure their careers with Palo Alto Networks. Upon completion of year two, you will have proven professional skills and will be qualified to take on a field Sales position in any number of cities across EMEA based on business needs.
To fit in this role, you are personable, willing to ask questions, always learning, have a strong work ethic, are persistent, and coachable. You are confident in who you are and able to enjoy the personable interactions that come with a job in sales. Becoming a part of the team means you will be surrounded by amazing, smart and hardworking, teammates and that’s a great place to be. Plus, the added bonus of changing the world? Now that's just icing on the cake.
- Market the company’s products and/or services via telephone and email, often cold-calling leads to gauge interest and create opportunity
- Generate prospective customers through cold calling and lead qualification from Marketing programs and promotions
- Direct Pre-Qualified Leads (PQL) to a specific Sales District with high efficiency and prioritization
- Follow up on pre-qualified leads with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and lead to pipeline creation
- Document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
- Set appointments for both Field and Inside Sales Representatives, Account Executives, and prospective clients
- Identify client needs, provide guidance and information around our products and services with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction
- Build long-term relationships with clients, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Seek and develop new business opportunities in the market
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products and services, including capabilities and pricing, and on cybersecurity industry trends
- Be a high energy individual with a strong desire to achieve top results with a dependable, positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in person
- Consistently meet or exceed metrics set by leaders and managers
- Previous work experience in inbound and outbound calls and inquiries a plus
- Ability to understand technical concepts, possess an enthusiasm for technology and to articulate clearly to all levels of technical aptitude
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Intern experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or related role preferred
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Apply via the "Apply Now" button.