Boulder - 5775 Flatiron Pkwy
Client Management Associate (Scrum Master)Who is Markit Digital
IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. By continuously asking ‘what if’, we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world – in everything from finance to aerospace. The products, services and information we provide will uncover more intelligent solutions to today’s most critical business challenges. Here, you will drive insights for some of the world’s most influential companies. Are you ready to be a force of intelligence? Join us.
What you'll do at Markit DigitalThe primary responsibility of this position is to support the effective project delivery that supports our customers and colleagues using Agile methodology. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people and to act as a galvanizing force.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Act as Scrum Master with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate release planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective and sprint demos
- Ensure and facilitate cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing, and report team progress to senior management
- Support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Reach out to the larger company network or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Continue to grow by learning new tools and techniques
- Occasional travel may be required
- Leverage your 4-7 years’ experience being Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them and provide appropriate guidance and coaching to the team
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and technical staff
Additional Desired Skillsets
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Extremely knowledgeable in and personify Scrum and Agile.
Where we're goingWe rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the positive impacts we are making will be felt for generations to come.
- This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.