New York - West 33rd Street
Department overviewThe Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform allows clients to gain control and visibility over their data. EDM empowers those who understand the data to manage it, no matter the complexity, volume or scope of the project. Across the EDM client base the platform handles many terabytes of data daily, and provides a core function to many large financial institutions. Markit EDM consistently wins financial industry awards as the best software provider in this area and the development team is essential to this success as they continuously improve the platform. Markit EDM clients are supported by a large professional services organisation that ensure the success of our deployments, train customers and ensure constructive feedmakes its way to the product team.
Position SummaryAs part of the Product Management team, the Business Analyst will gather product requirements, prioritize backlogs, produce user stories and acceptance criteria, and help manage the Agile development process to ensure the on-time delivery of product enhancements that are of high value to our customer and profitable for the business.
- Collaborate with clients and internal team members to identify and analyse business and technical needs through workshops, interviews, documentation analysis and other techniques.
- Document and validate business, functional, and non-functional requirements to ensure that the requirements are clear, comprehensive, and testable.
- Participate in Scrum events, including Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Work with UI/UX designers to generate UX/UI design artefacts (wireframes, mock-ups, site maps, etc.)
- Write User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Assist the team in estimation, planning, and project management.
- Work with development and other team members to help translate requirements into software specifications.
- Work with QA to ensure clear and comprehensive test cases.
- Provide support to development and QA to maximize team productivity and ensure on-time delivery.
- Assist the team in generating business cases.
- Assist with client facing documentation, including users guides and marketing material.
- Act as a liaison between business and technology groups to facilitate communication both ways.
- Review client change requests.
- Facilitate meetings and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked.
- 3+ years experience working as a product / business analyst.
- Strong writer with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely and to translate technical issue to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Strong project management experience. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point in time.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Broad range of product / business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including gap analysis, feasibility studies, use case modelling, UML diagramming, etc.
- Experience in managing and delivering successful and complex technology projects.
- Experience with JIRA, or similar work tracking systems.
- Experience with Confluence, SharePoint, or similar collaboration tools.
- Querying languages such as SQL desired but not required.
- Enterprise Data Management experience desired but not required.
- Financial industry experience desired but not required.
- University degree, or equivalent experience.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.