Engineering Tel Aviv, Israel
Our MissionAt Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successfulcyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat. Your Career
Cortex XDRAnalytics is the world’s first detection and response app that natively integrates network, endpoint and cloud data to stop sophisticated attacks, uses machine learning to quickly, efficiently and accurately identify attacks based on detecting behavioral anomalies inside the network.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced QA Engineer to join our Security and Performance Cortex XDR Analytics QA team.
As a QA Engineer in Security and Performance QA team, you will be analyzing new features and bug fixes, in order to plan highly targeted tests and execute them. You will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality of Palo Alto Networks Behavioral Analytics Security product and will be working very closely with the development team, Product team and other functions within the QA department.
More information about the product we test can be found on: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/xdr
- Learn new features and technologies in a relatively short amount of time
- Confront complicated environments and products testing
- Testing features of a distributed security system
- Design and execute end to end tests in a cross-platform environment on a tight release schedule
- Reproduce and analyze bugs, that either came from the field or have been found during the testing cycle
- Work in a productive and effective manner, utilizing tools and scripts to make your work more efficient
- Give detailed reports regarding the modules under your responsibility and the progress of your tasks
- Be the QA owner of relevant user stories, from inception to delivery
- Work closely with developers and product managers to make sure everyone is aligned to the same effort and goal
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols - Must
- Knowledge and experience with Python – Must
- Cyber background in general and cyber security software knowledge in particular - big advantage
- Knowledge and Experience in MySQL, Hadoop – big advantage
- At least 2 years of software testing experience with deep understanding of quality and processes
- Experience writing testing documents (STDs/STPs) and knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Quick learning capabilities and ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally work late hours due to time zone differences with US west coast
- Ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines of parallel prioritized projects, while maintaining focus and a sense of humor