Research Team Coordinator
Houston - Enclave Pkwy
Support Chemical Insight product group in the publication of market reports, annual studies, client/conference presentations, project work and other related tasks. Update and maintain graphs, tables, Excel-based models and databases; edit chemical market analyses and work with content management system. Interact with clients in providing data, information and training on website and online databases. Research and collect data from industry associations and maintain Capacity database.
General Job Duties:
1. Fulfill data requests sent in by clients via email or phone.
2. Create/modify Microsoft Excel graphs and tables for weekly/monthly market reports and annual world analyses.
3. Proof and modify consultant text written for market reports and world analysis.
4. Create presentation materials in Microsoft Power Point for meetings and conferences.
5. Prepare laptop and materials for consultant travel.
6. Maintain and audit world trade database (GTI) for select products.
7. Gather and maintain data from public sectors for consultant analyses.
8. Compile annual World Analyses; including maps, trade, supply/demand tables, capacity tables, and economic snapshots. Functions as editor for the assigned annual analyses. Compile tables and majority of content to create a portable document format for annual analyses. Prepare the associated CD.
9. Play a key role in the execution of the annual World Petrochemical Conference.
10. Support Operations endeavors to improve and maintain IHS processes and standardization.
Specific Job Duties:
This would be specific to the MAS group to which candidate is assigned. Some travel to support a product-specific Event would be expected.
- Bachelor's degree. Science degree (Chemistry or Biological Sciences) or equivalent experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Pass a series of tests given by Human Resource Dept.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently to get requested data to clients in a timely manner.
- Industry Experience Can Overcome Formal Education Requirement
Other skills: List
Good communication skills, both written and verbal. A successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, strong analytical skills and top notch communication skills. Works well in a team environment. A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy