Trade Closing Analyst
London - Ropemaker Place
Department overviewThe Middle Office group takes on the unique clients and projects that do not fit in the core business offering of WSO Services. This group is responsible for loan trade settlement.
Position summaryThe goal of a Trade Closing Analyst is to oversee Trade Settlement client relationships. Provide excellent customer service and loan settlement services to our growing client base while adhering to strict deadlines and targets given. The position will require acquiring knowledge of the other WSO suite of products the client may take to provide customer service. The position offers exposure to external industry entities such as portfolio managers, custodians, and agent banks.
Duties & accountabilities
- Manage client portfolio(s)/Agency trades in our loan Trade Settlement outsourcing services
- Communicate proactively and effectively with clients
- Coordinate with trade counterparties to receive and review par and distressed trade documentation
- Coordination with legal counsel and follow up, when needed, for distressed trades and participations
- Coordinate trade closings among clients, counterparties, and agents
- Review trade documentation, includes trade confirms, assignment agreements, and funding memos for discrepancies prior to settlement including using third party systems
- Follow up on outstanding trades and keep current comments updated
- Deliver closing packets to custodians and clients before stated deadlines
- Report client metrics and trends on a monthly basis
- Understand and execute workflows and communication where necessary when the client takes on other WSO products.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of par and distressed loans and the documentation
- Knowledge of trade fee calculations
- Ability to read and interpret credit agreements
- Experience with daily loan transactions
- Exposure to ClearPar/TSI/Markit WSO systems a plus
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy