Req ID 88548
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Amadeus is changing how the world travels. We're a team of 16,000 professionals and 146 nationalities, working together to transform travel. Our technology powers new ways to make travel simpler, more connected and accessible.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Great, then join us to help millions of people across the globe travel better! #LifeAtAmadeus #AmadeusCareers
Purpose of the roleThe purpose of the role is to deliver proactive support through earlier detection of business critical incidents and drive the recovery while communicating to allow customers to make better business decisions.
This role has responsibility to provide functional & technical analysis of major incidents, with the objective of reducing the meant time to recover. It plays a critical role in Incident Management in a demanding Travel Industry IT environment. The candidate will be required to work closely with IT Operations and Research & Development teams.
Main ResponsibilitiesIncident Management
- Proactive detection, analysis, diagnosis and recovery, leading to incident prevention and reduced customer impact.
- Management of Major/Critical incidents with significant business and revenue impact with the main of objective to reduce the mean time to recover.
- Monitoring the environment during software loads and infrastructure changes to quickly address any impact to the system stability.
- End to end responsibility of communication activities during major incidents.
- Identification and communication of workaround solutions to reduce business impact.
- Analysis of functional incidents leading to resolution.
- Contribute to root cause analysis, undertaking post incident reviews with focus on identifying process and operational improvements.
- Provides a single point of contact for escalation of highly complex business problems, taking responsibility, bringing-in other resources as needed to reach resolution and closure of the issue.
- Represent the organisation in Operational Meetings and provide input on processes relating to incident management, problem management and change management.
- Work in collaboration with Dev/Ops to improve the overall stability of the production environment.
- Produces high quality documentation of known problems and standard corrective actions.
- Clearly documents and provides reports of major incidents utilizing above average communication skills.
- Assist in driving educational, training and communication programs surrounding IT Service Management.
- Provide guidance and direction to level 2 support staff.
- Defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen internal and customer relationships by providing alternatives / new techniques in processes as continuous improvement, flows, operational models and plans.
- Builds and develops healthy and productive working relationships with Global Operations, Research & Development, Implementation, Delivery Managers and Account Managers.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management preferred.
- Experience in managing incidents with proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment.
- Experience with ITSM tools with strong understanding of service management principles.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent understanding of technology solutions for the Travel Industry.
Closing date: Friday 20 September 2019
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.